Green Square Early Learning Centre
- Shortlisted in World Architecture, Future Public Commercial 2016
- Featured in ArchitectureAU, September 2015
- Featured in Architecture & Design, “Renowned architects transform former Sydney hospital into community facilities”, May 2014.
- Featured in the Daily Telegraph, “Green Square Childcare Centre is first of six new inner city facilities planned to ease shortage”, July 2014.
- Featured in Architecture & Design, “Rework begins: Old Green Square hospital becomes Child Care Centre”, September 2015.
Fox Johnston won a Design Tender, along with Stutchbury Architects, Choi Ropiha Fighera Architects and landscape architect Craig Burton, to renew the heritage-listed former Royal South Sydney Hospital nurses’ quarters and outpatients’ and administration buildings.
The new Green Square Early Learning Centre will adaptively reuse the Outpatient building to provide a new 64 place early education and care centre for children from 6 weeks to 6 years old. Fox Johnston’s design breathes new life into the old building by revealing its structure, connecting it seamlessly to the new play space and creating a light filled, open play space.