Chinaman's Beach House
- Featured in Houses, February 2012
- Featured in ArchDaily, September 2012
- Featured in ArchitectureAU, "Chinaman's Beach House", June 2012
- Featured in Timber+DESIGN Magazine, "On a Sandstone Podium", January 2014
- Houses, April 2011
- ArchitectureAU, "Emili Fox and Conrad Johnston of Fox Johnston", January 2012
Projecting from a cliff face overlooking Chinaman’s Beach, this project is significant due its complex site constraints. The building takes the form of a series of platforms at base level, with two distinct volumes connected via an open courtyard / sun catch above. Access to the site is via a proposed extended roadway from street level leading to a stair circulation volume. This volume provides both a viewing platform and a connection to lower levels. Living and kitchen areas are at this first level, with sleeping areas below. A pool bounds the lower level bedroom wing with all bedrooms benefiting from large decks and terraces.